The fabric bamboo parasol has a curved bamboo frame with a stretched fabric cover. This fabric parasol has rounder shapes compared to the flatter Thai bamboo parasol.
There are two types, the fabric terrace and garden parasol and the fabric hand parasol.
The standard fabric bamboo parasol is not waterproof, but it can definitely serve as a rain umbrella for a short time.
Our fabric bamboo parasol is handmade in Thailand in environmentally neutral and socially friendly, artisanal production.
Fabric bamboo garden parasols
The fabric bamboo garden parasol has the following sizes:
- Ø 205 cm, height 235 cm, weight 4.0 kg
- Ø 254 cm, height 268 cm, weight 5.6 kg
Often simplified as 200 cm and 250 cm. Other sizes are possible. The fabric bamboo garden parasol has a base pole and an extension pole. A pedestal is not included.
The fabric bamboo parasol is available in 10 colours:
Blue, dark green, light green, lilac, off-white, orange, pink, purple, red and yellow.
We also make these parasols in various printed fabrics with ready-made designs, not all of which can be seen here.
Custom logos, designs, prints and paintings can be applied. Your own designs can also be applied by digital print.
Fabric bamboo hand parasol
The fabric bamboo hand parasol has the following sizes:
- Ø 85 cm, height 72 cm, weight 450 g
- Ø 100 cm, height 75 cm, weight 550 g
The hand parasol has a handle for a good grip.
Material and process
The fabric parasol is made with an 8 ribs bamboo frame from selected mature bamboo stems. The ribs are curved, wider, slightly heavier each, and the shape is rounder compared to a Thai Bamboo Parasol's flatter frame.
The standard cover consists of Toray fabric, a resistant synthetic material with a solid service life. This material provides a good price / quality ratio. It has a certain resemblance to canvas cloth. It is not waterproof and the UV resistance is undefined.
Upgrades lie in the type of fabric for the cover. A wide range of natural, composite and synthetic fabrics is possible here.
We make the standard model fabric bamboo parasol with an curved 8-point frame. Alternatively, a flatter frame shape is also possible. For the Asian market, for example, we also make a fabric parasol with a flat frame and an artificial silk fabric cover.
We use low MOQs with shipping by postal mail, contract courier or freight. Smaller numbers are often possible per courier, larger numbers per sea freight (freight economies of scale start with 40 garden parasols or 150 hand parasols, or a mix). The cost effectiveness of the shipping methods is often not linear with the number of items, and shipping charges can be changeable. We continuously keep track of this and can advise accordingly.
The fabric bamboo parasol loves the sun. In rain, the Toray fabric cover will allow water to pass through after approximately 20-30 minutes, without damage to the material. Before storing it, make sure the parasol is completely dry. The fabric cover can be removed for washing (with a little do-it-yourself effort). Use a damp cloth for the bamboo frame, no abrasive or caustic agents.
The fabric bamboo garden & terrace parasol needs a base, we recommend a pipe in the ground or approx. 40 kg weight. It is easy to fold down when it gets windy; take it indoors for strong winds, long-term rain, and icy conditions. This parasol is easy to handle by one person and requires little space for storage
Available in basic versions as described here, or as branded item with specific materials and characteristics.
The Haasch Supabrella® is a bamboo hand umbrella produced in our workshop with a water- and UV resistant natural cotton cover. It also features a designer carry bag, the Supabrella® brand signature, and is available at sales points in the UK and Australia.
Supabrella® hand parasols and umbrellas
Questions or order
For any question or your direct ex-workshop order
- Photo "Fabric bamboo parasols for garden and terrace, colour off-white, 250 cm, at restaurant & café Milchbar in Zürich, Switzerland " is creative property of Milchbar (FB, IG), interior design by Atelier72 GmbH, showing fabric bamboo parasols produced in the Parasol Paradise workshop.
- Photo "Fabric bamboo hand parasol, colour blue, custom size 120 cm, at the London Underground " is creative property of Haasch UK Ltd. (FB, IG), showing a Haasch Supabrella® produced in the Parasol Paradise workshop.
- Photo "Fabric bamboo parasols, colour off-white, size 250 cm, at lakeside restaurant Seebadi Richterswil, Switzerland" is creative property of Seebadi Richterswil (FB, IG), interior design by Atelier72 GmbH, showing fabric bamboo parasols produced in the Parasol Paradise workshop.
- Photo "Fabric bamboo hand parasol, colour yellow, 85 cm, on a grass field" is creative property of Supa. P. & Parasol Paradise.
- Photo "Fabric bamboo parasol, colour orange, inside frame view" is creative property of Supa. P. & Parasol Paradise.